Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Jennifer Aniston And Owen Wilson's New Movie Hitting Theaters This Summer; 'Friends' Star Wants To Work With Justin Theroux


Jennifer Aniston
Actress Jennifer Aniston
Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson's new comedy will hit theaters Aug. 14.
"Funny That Way," directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was picked up Lionsgate Premiere, a "newly launched specialty label from Lionsgate," according to the Hollywood Reporter. The film follows a "Broadway director (Wilson) who casts a hooker (Imogen Poots) in his new play with ensuing complications and high jinks." Aniston has a supporting role.
The "Friends" star, 46, will next star in "Mean Moms." Aniston, in the film, will play "a happily married mother of two who moves from small-town America to the high-class suburbs suddenly must confront the cutthroat world of competitive parenting," per Deadline.
"Funny That Way" and "Mean Moms" mark a return to the comedic realm for Aniston, who saw a brief stint in the dramatic sphere with last year's "Cake."
"I was really ready for the challenge," Aniston told Vogue. "It was a different role that I haven't been able to play, extremely fulfilling on a creative level."
Aniston plays a pill-popping chronic pain sufferer in "Cake," directed by Daniel Barnz. Aniston's performance was praised, but the film itself was panned.
"I was going through frustrations in my career [leading up to 'Cake']. I wanted to work with this director or that director -- and it was like 'why can't I be part of that?'" Aniston said in a previous interview with the Los Angeles Times.
"I had such amazing success in that one piece of our industry, but I wanted to stretch myself more," she explained. "I was starting to fear maybe they're right. Maybe I'm not right for any of these parts. But I can't let other people's opinions -- or lack on being chosen for a role -- make me doubt what I know I can do."
Aniston has also expressed interest in collaborating with fiancé Justin Theroux, star of HBO's "The Leftovers."
"I take good direction and so does he," Aniston told the Daily Echo earlier this year. "He would love it."

No comments: